Patriots win Super Bowl VI 34-28 in Houston

Hanna Kolarik, Reporter

The ball is flying across the field. The crowd is going wild as their team is about to make the winning touchdown to win Super Bowl VI. This is the scene 72,000 fans watched from their seats in NRG Stadium on Feb. 5 as the New England Patriots beat the Atlanta Falcons 34-28 in the biggest game of the season.

“I rooted for Atlanta because I don’t like the Patriots. I’ve never liked them because my dad hates them,” senior Devyn Jones said.

Patriots fans were confident that their team would take the win in the big game.

“I was really excited about the Patriots this year. Honestly I think they’re the best team in the NFL,” freshman Justin Saenz said.

With the Super Bowl being held in NRG this year, Houston was expected to have many tourists and a variety of football fans from across the nation.

“I was excited. It was a real honor to have it down here in Houston,” junior Craig Williams said.

Although the location of the Super Bowl was exciting because it was so close to our hometown, setbacks were also possible.

“Everyone was super excited, but the traffic was sucked even more,” sophomore Maggie Warbritton.

The Super Bowl is the largest TV broadcast of the year, averaging out to 114.4 million viewers.

“I think it’s great because it gives people a chance to be able to attend the game in person,” freshman Jasmyn Manyose said.

Even though not all people attended the big game, they still looked forward to watching it. Many people gathered in their living room, at a super bowl party, or even at a sports bar.

“The Super Bowl is important to Americans because people eat, breathe, and live football,” sophomore Christopher Cole said.