Presidential Halloween masks open discussion on election

With Halloween and the presidential election a week apart, several party supply stores are capitalizing by selling Clinton and Trump masks. And the demand is there.
Four percent of adults 35 and over will be dressing up as a political figure according to a survey by the National Retail Foundation. As the number three costume choice for this age group, its popularity has students discussing the actual election.
“Just like how you put on Halloween masks during the holiday, these people who want to run America are also haunting it,” senior Daniel Balderrama said.
Both candidates hold record-low approval ratings which some political scientists attribute to Clinton’s opposition to Senator Bernie Sanders and Trump’s dissent from the Republican party. For many, Clinton and Trump are not presidential.
“We’re supposed to look to them for improvement and reassurance,” junior Abigail Culver said, “but I feel that both Clinton and Trump would do more harm than good if elected into office.”
Like their Halloween masks, the candidates are a joke some believe.
“I think they’re just trying to make fun of them because sometimes the costumes are a joke for Halloween,” sophomore Erica Anderson said, “Trump has got a big mouth, and Hillary is stupid.”
Despite the spooky election these masks satirize, some students are open to wearing them. In fact, when asked if he would consider purchasing a mask, sophomore Omar Reyes said:
“Yes, I already own one.”